As already explained , i needed a kind of blog to write some of my linux experiences down .. that's all folks ...
- Name: Fabian Arrotin (Arrfab)
- Date of birth: 27 may 1976
- Marital Status : Married , 3 children
- Red Hat ( 18/11/2014 -> now )
working as a SysAdmin for the CentOS Project infrastructure
- M-team (14/05/2012 -> 15/11/2014)
- Designing the infrastructure around the following products/technologies
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- CentOS Linux
- IBM Hardware (servers and storage)
Evaluating migration paths for the installed base and minimizing downtime by using automation tools (kickstarts/config management/centralized authentication)
Sicli (01/04/2010 -> 11/05/2012)
- Systems Administrator (IBM servers and IBM SAN Storage solutions)
- Operating Systems maintenance (CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows 2003)
- Network administration : HP Procurve l2/l3 - Vlans
- Virtualization : Citrix XenServer , kvm
IBS Technology & Services(15/10/1998 -> 31/03/2010)
IBS T&S is the Premier IBM Business Partner in Belgium for the iSeries (formerly known as AS400) Platforms.
I worked in the Networking team on Intel platforms : Designing and implementing solutions that meet the customer's needs. Previously i was implementing mostly Microsoft and Citrix solutions but now i try (and hopefully wins) to convince customers that Linux can bring them what they are waiting for ... : Samba/Ldap as a file and authentication server, Sendmail/IMAP for Mail serving, Squid for secure web browsing, Spamassassin (with plugins) for Anti-Spam, Mailscanner for Anti-Virus mail scanning, Iptables for IP Packets filtering, OpenVPN and Poptop for Secure VPN Access ,DRBD/Heartbeat for HA Linux Clusters, etc ....
I'm also setting up Hardware solutions like IBM BladeCenters/Servers, Storage solutions (Fiber or iScsi), L2/L3 Switches configuration (HP,Cisco), etc ...
Systemat (01/07/1997 -> 14/10/1998)
I Worked as a Technical consultant in the TIC (Technical Integration Center) : Assembly and Installation of Compaq/IBM/HP Servers and Workstations. Setup of Operating Systems.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Red Hat website (03/2016)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Red Hat website (03/2016)
- IPv6 Certification (Level : Sage) : He.net (01/2010)
- Red Hat Linux Certified Engineer (RHCE) (01/2007)
- IBM Official Instructor (08/2006)
- Linux Professional Institute Level 1 (LPIC 1) Certified - (12/2003)
- Citrix Certified Administrator
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) Windows 2000 - (09/2001)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) NT 4.0 - (11/1999)
- Graduate in Accountancy - IESET Tamines (Belgium) - (06/1997)
- College - Athenee Royal Solvay Charleroi - Latin-Maths-Sciences - (06/1994)
- Spending time with my wife and my 3 kids ...
- Spending time on my computer(s) running Linux when my wife and my kids are sleeping .... :o)
- Contributor to the CentOS project and the RPMforge project (PPC builds)...
- Playing Guitar/Bass/Drums with friends
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.12 GB/CM/MU d+ s: a C+++ UL++$ P+ L+++ E--- W+++ N+ o- K- w- O M V- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t 5? X R- tv- b DI D-- G e++ h---- r+++ y+++ ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------